Saturday, April 24, 2010

Obey with purpose!

Dueternonmy 6:1 "Now this is the commandment, the statutes and the rules that the Lord your God commanded me to teach you, that you may do them in the land to which you are going over, to possess it..." 8:1 "The whole commandment that I command you today you shall be careful to do, that you may lie and multiply, and go in and possess the land that the Lord swore to give to your fathers."

Over and over again God tells the Israelites to obey His commandments...but why? So that they will go into the lands that he promised them and possess them and it will go well with them. God doesn't call us to obey his commandments just because, but there has always been purpose in them. That we may go into the lands God wants us too. The question I must ask myself is where are the lands that God is calling me to go into and obey His commandments? Are there lands I am to afraid to go into that he is calling me to...are the men of that land too big? Am I obey his commandments in all the lands He is already brought me into? I can't just sit around and obey, God gives us purpose to obey and I think for me, that really makes it easier.

I have purpose today so I shall obey the Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment