Saturday, July 11, 2009

Same power, that conquered the grave lives in me, lives in me....

I just returned from Zona Yuth Kamp, a youth camp for Southern Baptist youth groups all over Arizona. To say it in short...God worked. I had the chance to talk to tons of students over the course of the week in many different settings and really got a chance to witness how God works in so many different ways to each one of us. I had the chance to talk to a few boys who dedicated their lives to christ this last week and hear their story about how God has been calling them and how it led to a new life at that very time. Out of the 12,00 students and staff that attended the camp, I am certain that not a single person walked away from last week closer to God. Many called Him Father for the first time and some are still in the process but there was no doubt that God did amazing things in many lives.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12)

This passage was really made clear to me this week personally through many circumstances and conversations with friends, leaders, and students. I really witnessed firsthand how there is a real battle on the earth that goes unseen but is immeasurable powerful. I also witnessed how God has the true power in this battle. The same power the raised Christ from the dead and conquered death lives in me and on this earth. So I need not to be afriad because I have been perfected in love and no longer need to fear evil in this world. God wants to do even more amazing things through each of us than he did through Christ's earthly ministry if we just be his servant and trust God to fight with God sized strength.

As I take this thought and go off this week to the Czech Republic I am excited to see how God works in such a dark country. I am ready to be challenged by the dark forces but even more ready to see God overcome in ways only he can accomplish. My team and I will need much prayer in the next weeks as we join in Gods work over in eastern Europe. Please pray that:
1. We would continue to connect and work together as a team united in Christ both with each other and with the czech youth group team that we are joining.
2. God would bring double the amount of students than are already signed up to camp. We have I think about 20 signed up but there is still time. Camp does not start until saturday so please pray that God would double that amount (or more!) in the next days and that our camp would be bursting at its limits with students and challenges.
3. Pray that myself and my team would be ready for Christ to get us through these challenges, for once we are in God sized territory only He can make great things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment